Monday, August 27, 2007

Pwn Me Deeper

Friday 08/24/07-Sunday 08/26/07: Friday when I got home I decided to respec and get some arena/battle grounds in. The plan was that I would pvp on Friday night and Saturday morning then respec back to prot for Gruul Saturday night. We never could get enough people on for Gruul(bummer) so it was pretty much a pvp weekend. I did however have to go quest until I made my 120 gold back to cover the respec back and forth before I could pvp. Battleground: It was eye of the storm bonus honor weekend so that’s what my “free” time consisted of. “Free” time means im not doing arena’s, earning money for my respecs, helping Dirtyoldman quest, or any of the 100 RL things that come up. I didn’t get as many games in as I would have liked to buy my pvp boots for 17k, but I did earn about 4k this weekend getting me about 13k. I have noticed that it’s much harder to earn honor as my Warrior than it is my Horde hunter. Since I have to get in to melee I get targeted/killed much faster than my hunter. With my hunter I just hang back and shoot everyone while rarely taking damage myself. Being a warrior and constantly waiting on the 30 second rez timer does add up and take its toll on honor gained since im missing out on a lot more kills. Then again I don’t get nearly as many killing blows with my hunter as I do my warrior. I love Execute when im specced for pvp, wish killing blows added more honor somehow. Over all I had a good Eye of the storm weekend, alliance did a good job holding their own. I’d say we won a little over half of them, which normally im not used to winning unless it’s AV. Alliance totally dominates on AV but nothing else, why is that, because its more pve based than other BG’s? Arena: I definitely need a lot of pvp work with my warrior. I would have to honestly say I play my hunter about 100x better than I do my warrior when it comes to pvp. Example? This weekend I did 2v2 arena with my hunter and we went 8-2, it was a good time with a lot of pwnage. With my warrior I went 2-8 2v2 (Me-Fury Warrior and Dirty who is a 0/40/21 druid) and 3-28(Me , Jenet-Arms Warrior, Krawl-not sure his spec but mostly fire, and Palad a holy specced pally --- we all took turns), ouch. I might as well just run out into the middle of the arena, pull my plate pants down and present my skinny purple ass to the closest opposing team member. I’ll still get about 200 points for my arena with alliance so that’s not horrible I guess. Ideally I should be arms spec for pvp and I would love to be I just don’t have a good two handed weapon to use. The only two hander I have does less damage than either of my one handed weapons. I would have to say though that those 3 wins on the 3v3 team felt better than any of the others, especially cause over vent Krawl gets all pumped up and yells “Were gonna win!”. I really don’t mind losing that much in arena’s im still having a blast with it, until we all get some nice gear I expect us to lose all the time. Speaking of nice gear I have some very sad numbers for myself. I have a mod which will calculate how much arena honor I will most likely get. If I wanted to buy my whole season 1 set it would cost me 10433 arena points. Getting about 200 points a week, this will take me 52 weeks(1 year)…..awesome. If I wanted to buy my season 2 gear it would cost me a total of 12000 points, using again 200 points per week this will take me 60 weeks….even better. I guess what I need to happen is for Krawl to really step up here and single handedly raise our ranking to about 2100 and we need to have about a 40-0 record for the week =). By the way isn’t the warrior season 1 armor much better looking than the season 2? I think so, season 2 is boarder line retarded looking in my opinion. Season 1 is on the first picture. These numbers are all just rough estimates as the pvp seasons will change and items will become cheaper, also as we get piece by piece well do better and get more points per week. Hopefully im looking at a full set of pvp gear before the next expansion to make leveling to 80 a little easier. 1 full set of purples for about 1-2 hours worth of work per week? Ill take it. Odd guild chat comment this weekend, it disturbs me so I thought id post it. Repair bill for the whole weekend: 30g - not shabby

No comments: