Monday, January 14, 2008

Hydross Down Bitches

My question last week to “Shouldn’t we kill lurker before Hydross because lurker is supposedly easier?” has been answered. We zone in to kill Hydross Friday, and on the ninth learning attempt we kill him with 16 seconds left before he enrages and 3 seconds left on respawns. I guess it really doesn’t matter which boss we pick to kill as long as we take dedicated geared people. With our Mag kill and now Hydross kill I am really pumped for the guild, I feel like we’ve taken a great step forward lately. I checked our forums this morning and it looks like Lurker is our next target. Even if I hadn’t heard from other people that he is technically “easier” than Hydross I would have little doubt about killing him. Our raids have really stepped up lately and am thankful I get to be a part of the runs.

Friday when I got home I was in a mad scramble to find frost/nature resist gear before the raid started. This has been my biggest “oops” in a while, since I had a few days prior to the raid to be farming the gear. The reason I wasn’t farming the gear is because I honestly just missed the fact I needed it since I wasn’t one of the tanks on the boss himself. With a few freebees given to me from the guild bank and me tearing through the auction house I actually stepped up against the Hydross add’s with 165 nature resist and 155 frost resist (raid buffed). In the grand scheme of possible loot out there, this actually sucks but it wasn’t as bad as I had feared I would end up with and it was obviously enough to get the job done. I have started leveling my blacksmithing again so that I can craft myself the needed gear to make my resists higher and help out our healers more.
I look real g@y in this resist gear.


Speaking of tanking the adds, what a pain in my ass. I was assigned the two adds on the right side and Trelic was assigned the two adds on the left. We would grab our adds and stack them up on the boss so they could be aoe’d down. Seemed easy enough but it was hell holding agro on 4 mobs with all the dps hitting different targets and 1 warrior kept taunting off me for some reason even though he had no resists so that was way confusing.
Besides the adds being a pain in the ass it was a fun fight and I’m happy we got to kill him. Of course nothing dropped I could have used but I was happy to see some deserving people get some nice loot

Saturday night very few of my normal ZA raiders were on so we decided to get a bunch of pugs and give it a shot since the next available ZA night would be after another reset. Eesh what a nightmare, we should have just not gone at all. We killed bear boss but couldn’t make it up the eagle ramp so we called it with just a bear kill. I’m hoping maybe this Tuesday we can give ZA a real shot and beat a boss below the timer and work on the Lynx some more.


The thing about wow is that without body language to see you can never tell is someone is joking or actually being a retard. During our Hydross raid there was this guy complaining that he was being camped and wanted some guildies to come save him. We all said were in a raid and we couldn’t, but he was actually mad we wouldn’t zone out and come help him. I thought he was joking with us at first. The only reason im posting this is because it completely blew my mind. I wasn’t even going to blurr out his name but apparently he is back in the guild or something so I’ll be nice. THIS COMPLETELY BLEW MY MIND
Sorry man - Next time we'll all drop our raid/progression work to come save your ass so you can continue doing whatever stupid shit you were since you are to stupid to avoid being camped.





Our Hydross Kill

No comments: